Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'M PRETTY EXCITED...

about these awesome Kaleidoscopes!!




When I was online shopping a few months ago for some nice display boxes for my bead pens, I came across some great items @ some woodworkers' stores... keychains, pen lights, things like that. Woodworkers will turn beautiful pieces of wood on their lathes & put them on these components so you have these really sharp accessories. I'm sure that this is where the idea of the "bead pen" came from... woodworkers have been making wooden pens for years. Well...I saw these great kaleidoscopes & realized that the body was just a big tube & thought, "hey, it's just a big hole bead! I can do that!!", so I did! I don't think I've ever seen them in lampworked glass before, so I'm excited about what I hope is an original idea!

These are pretty fantastic. Small, but they feel substantial. I love watching adults looking through the lens like a little kid. The first one I sold was to a sweet little lady in a wheelchair at this art sale in November. She just sat at my table & just looked through that thing for probably 5 minutes. It just made me smile... REALLY big!! :o) Sweet.

They've been fun to make. I had to purchase a bunch more big hole mandrels because I only had one that fit & it was driving me crazy, only being able to make one every few days!

I have one up on eBay & one up on Etsy... several more to list, but geez, who has the time??? Yikes!! :o)

2 MUCH APPRECIATED COMMENTS:

rosebud101 said...

You should be pretty excited! Those are great products you have! Wow! Obviously, you are a fantastic bead maker, too! Great idea!

Julie said...

Thank you, Mallory.... er, I mean Rosebud!! :o)

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails