Friday, May 23, 2008

MOBR STORY #1 - BEAD TRADING

MOBR (Missouri Bead Retreat) continued...

BEAD TRADING...
It was great to see other people's beads... did alot of trading w/ others, got some FANTASTIC feedback on my pieces & ended up w/ a bunch of awesome beads to add to my bead collection. I had out my beads for what felt like the majority of the weekend... not necessarily on purpose... I brought them out Saturday night to organize them because they were EVERYWHERE (in different boxes, etc) & showed them off a bit... then stayed up till 3am hanging out, so I tucked them under a table where the kilns were instead of waking up my condo mates that were sleeping in the living room where my stuff was stashed & then next morning they were out on the table being oggled & fondled. LOL. I didn't mind one bit, I like people checking out my stuff :o) ...but they did remain out the majority of the day & it felt a little bit like a "Look at me! Look at me!" kind of thing, you know? I know I'm a showoff, LOL, but not to the point where I'm trying to outshine everyone else. I know I'm not that important.

One of the trades I made was one of my fabulous necklaces (the one pictured on the back of my postcard, actually... ) for some fabulous beads. I love the beads, but I am kinda kicking myself for not taking the money she offered instead, I'm supposed to be making money at this, not collecting beads. LOL.

Here's the necklace I traded...



to be continued...

0 MUCH APPRECIATED COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails