Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BEAUTIFUL CROSSES...

When I started lampworking I had several people ask me pretty early on if I made crosses. I didn't at the time, but ended up buying an awesome VersaCube press from Cattwalk that makes an awesome cross base that I can then decorate & tweak as I wish... which I do, because I can't leave anything "as is". :o)

I've made some gorgeous crosses... one of my first ones is probably one of my favorites... I called it "Footprints in the Sand"... ...someone saw it at a show & said "this reminds me of that poem", so I said "Thank you very much!! I needed to come up w/ a name for it!" It sold right away. I haven't made another one, I keep frying my aqua glass... need to get back to it & try it again, I think I've got a little more controll than I did back then. :o)

Here's one of my most recent crosses... I made it for a friend's Mom's Christmas gift. Isn't it gorgeous? She just loved it (of course!) I love this style & love this look... especially made up into a pendant w/ the Vintaj Natural Brass findings (w/ a little sterling added to the mix)

Someday, I hope to see a beautiful rosary made up w/ one of my crosses.

~ Julie

ps... the VersaCube press comes in 2 thicknesses... 1/4" & 5/16"... I use the 5/16". I've seen the 1/4" & thought it was a little too skinny for me. I love this size.

4 MUCH APPRECIATED COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Those crosses are really very pretty -- is that press hard to use? and how do you get your name on the pictures . . . been meaning to learn how to do that!

leslie

Julie said...

Hi Leslie... thank you!

The VersaCube press is very easy to use. Just check out the tutorial that Cattwalk posted on their website.

About the name on my pictures... I use Photoshop & you can simply add text right on top of your images... but I've actually made a "signature brush"... simple to do, hard to explain, LOL. If you're interested, I learned how to do it here http://www.dawnandevan.com/photo_tutorial.htm... forward the video to close to the end... maybe the last 5 mintues & he goes over signatures. Hope that helps!

~ Julie

Lori Smith said...

Oh I really, really love those crosses, especially the first one. So beautiful! Honestly, I've admired your beads for quite a while and your photography is stunning.

I've wanted to try that press for so long! I just may have to try it soon.

Have a nice week!

Lori

Julie said...

Hi Lori... thank you for the wonderful comments, I appreciate it. The press is REALLY easy to use. I don't think that I mentioned (which I will now go add!) that the VersaCube press comes in 2 thicknesses... 1/4" & 5/16"... I use the 5/16". I've seen the 1/4" & thought it was a little too skinny for me. I love this size.

Thanks again, Lori!

~ Julie

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails