Monday, February 18, 2008

FREAKING OUT...

My beloved Opal Yellow glass really hard to find these days.

The newer batches are lighter rods, they look more ivory & it's hard for me to strike (takes too long, if even, I don't have time for it to do its thing). I ended up w/ 5 lbs of it from one of my favorite online suppliers in the fall & first of all, I thought it was the wrong stuff, didn't know there was such a thing as this light stuff, but went onto my trusty LE & searched for OY & sure enough, it was a current subject. Luckily, I was able to find someone who loved the stuff & was happy to take it off my hands & then I went to my one & only glass supplier in town & he had some of the good stuff in stock, so I bought 5 lbs of it. Wish I had bought 20 lbs, as I just went back down last week & he was completely out, said he didn't expect to get anymore because his vendor told him it was "different" & he wasn't going to order it. Yikes!

Talk about panic!! 99% of my beads right now have OY on them. From what I heard, it's going to be made by machine starting this year & it'll probably NOT be the kind I'm used to, so I'm in "hunting & hoarding mode" at the moment. I've found 2 places online so far who have the older stuff, so I'm buying what I can. I feel selfish, because I know there are others out there that love the stuff, too, but these colors & what I do w/ them are WHO I AM right now...

If anybody reads this & has a stash of the good stuff, or knows where I can find some, please contact me & make me a happy girl! :o) Thanks!!

2 MUCH APPRECIATED COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Long time no chat. I love your blog and your website. Your beads are amazing.

Hugs,
Deb

Julie said...

Thank you, Deb! I've been practicing. :o) xoxoxo... Julie

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails