Saturday, May 7, 2011

IS IT REALLY MAY???....

Just thought I'd take a minute to check in... finally! :o)

The Art Glass & Bead Show in Madison was FANTASTIC!! I was blown away w/ how well it went. Yay. I'm sure the fact that I did the Challenge bead helped! It was so much fun seeing what the challengers created... wonderful works of art!! There were 2 winners.... the Popular Vote & the Technical Vote. The Popular winner, a hat, was picked by the shoppers, the Technical winner, a necklace, was picked by the vendors. To see the winners & all of the participants creations, you can go to the show's website... here are a few pictures of the winners... (click for enlarged view)


Fabulous, huh??

I've been busy getting things together for The Bead & Button Show, coming up in early June. I've been having fun making some new bead styles that have large holes to be worn on European style necklaces (which I happen to make, too!)...
Fabulous, huh?? Such a fun picture.

Been busy making tons of acorns, too, of course. Don't know if I've shown you my new MICRO size... they're pretty tiny. Here's a few...
There's a big possibility that I'll be partaking in a huge Minneapolis art crawl, called Art-a-Whirl. My lampworking group, Star of the North Glassworkers, are going to be selling & demonstrating @ FOCI, Minnesota Center for Glass Arts the entire weekend of May 20-22... 5pm-10pm on Friday, noon-8pm on Saturday & noon-5pm on Sunday. I'll definitely be there... not sure if I'll be selling (so much to do for B&B!), but I'll be there helping out & demonstrating. Hope those of you in the area will come by to see what's happening. There will be glassblowing demos going on all weekend, too!! It'll be a HOT time! :o)

Something else to show you. I just did a wedding cake serving set for a customer...LOVE how they turned out...


So.... that's it for now! I'm busy making a bracelet for my sweet niece's first communion.

Till next time....

2 MUCH APPRECIATED COMMENTS:

Jen Judd said...

You rock!!! Everything is gorgeous, as usual. I'm loving the hat design...what a great way to put a fab bead to work! Have a great & busy May!
Jen

Unknown said...

Love the tiny acorns! Everything's gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails