Thursday, January 8, 2009

WHAT'S IN A NAME??....

So, I'm filling out the paperwork for the Bead & Button Show & can't decide if I wanted to be listed in their program & on my signage as Credit River Art Glass or as Julie Nordine..... or as Julie Nordine - Credit River Art Glass. I mean, yeah, my business name is Credit River Art Glass, but if I want to become "somebody" in this world of art glass beads, my name needs to be recognizable, right?

I think about the bead artist whom I greatly admire & are well know out there in the art glass bead world, my friend Bernadette Fuentes, Andrea Guarino, Jennifer Geldard, Kimberly Affleck, Gail Crosman Moore, Sarah Hornick, Dora Schubert... the list goes on..... do you know their business names??? It might be different than their personal name, but I don't know it. We know their names, period. I know lots of other glass bead artists who have business names... but I usually don't connect the two together.

I realized this mid-2008, which was when I began using my name & business name on my image signatures, w/ my name larger & first. Same thing on my website.

So... who am I going to be?

I think I figured it out. :o)

~ Julie (Nordine)

0 MUCH APPRECIATED COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails